Members of the renowned St Georg Chamber Choir from Nördlingen, Germany will be our special guests on Sunday 6 August.
The choir is made up of 30 to 45 experienced singers, with a repertoire covering a capella choir music from the early Baroque to the present, as well as larger orchestral works such as the Requiem by John Rutter and Bach’s Mass in B-minor.
Apart from singing in church services at the St Georg Lutheran Church and performing concerts in Nördlingen and elsewhere, the choir has undertaken several tours to France and Canada.
This year, to mark the 50th anniversary of the sister-city arrangement between Nördlingen and Wagga Wagga, the choir is embarking on a tour of Australia. Their concerts will feature music of German composers from 1500 to 2000, including Luther, Pachelbel, Bach, Mendelssohn and Brahms.
Adelaide and Bethlehem is their first ‘port of call’, and we are looking forward to the choir’s participation in our 9am worship service on Sunday 6 August as well as a concert in our church at 3pm.
- Calendar: Upcoming worship and events at Bethlehem
- Upcoming events
- Articles: Articles from Bethlehem Lutheran Church
- Lent, Holy Week & Easter worship: Holy Week and Easter worship services at Bethlehem Lutheran Church.
- Christmas worship: Christmas worship services at Bethlehem Lutheran Church.
- Publications: How to share your information with Bethlehem members and friends.